Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Saint Marc

Last weekend I had the opportunity to go to a town called St. Marc in central Haiti. I went to go and visit two women running an orphanage who have been in Haiti since the earthquake. My time was amazing!! I ended up only staying one night cause God told me I needed to return to Port Au Prince, which I am so glad I did!!! The best part about being in st Marc was spending time with the 3 kids. Josiah, Levenson and Carmilling (spelling?). Josiah is a precious little boy who is 12 months old and only weighs 6 lbs. It's a pure miracle that he is even alive and he's doing so good. Eating well and responsive. He's so adorable. Levenson is another precious boy, about 14 years old. Last time I was in Haiti Levenson was my buddy. When we got to the house, we knocked on the door and I heard him yell, "Christina, Christina!!" Made my heart stop. I love that kid. He then proceeded to show me around everywhere and was talking non-stop with a continuous smile on his dimpled face. Carmilling was recently dropped off at the house. She was living at an orphanage in Port Au Prince since she was a baby. The orphanage was destroyed in the earthquake, not clear on what happened to the other kids.

The next day I ended up leaving, broke my heart to say good-bye to them. But I am planning on visiting again. Oh and I rode on public transportation...what an experience!!! Rode on a motorcycle, then a school bus crammed like sardines, and then a taxi to the base I am currently at. It was an adrenaline rush the entire time...and I will never be a backseat driver again! Thank God for the amazing men of God that traveled with me...they will forever be my brothers and bodyguards!!!

2 comments:

  1. Christina! Sorry, I am using Gabe's google account to post a comment since I don't have one... I am too old to be technologically savy!

    Your mom read your most recent email to us when we were over for dinner on Sunday. It was so amazing to hear more about your time. Many of us were in tears! The girl with asthma on the 6 month anniversary! Wow! That was very moving!

    I am so glad you are safe and are right where God wants you. I am so proud of you for taking this leap of faith and listening to God's calling. You are touching many lives for Christ!

    I love you! You are in my prayers!
    Aunt Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina! I just want you to know you continue to be in my prayers!

    It was so fun to have Ashley join us at the lake again this year and it was really great to get some updates on you from her.

    We will really miss you in Cannon Beach at the end of the month!

    Love you,
    Aunt Tracy

    ReplyDelete