Monday, July 12, 2010

Texan team

=I have met so many fabulous people in Port au Prince. The first group of people I met was a hilarious group from Texas. They were a medical team of some of the most fabulous doctors, nurses and "pharmacists" that I have ever met. To be honest when I first got to Mision Rescate I didn't know what to think of these crazy Texans! They say things funny and speak their mind...but they quickly won me over.

We had clinic everyday with about 100-120 patients. The head doctor was a Godly man with a heart for people. Everyday we would start with prayer and pray throughout with patients. Most of the patients had illnesses due to heat exhaustion or poor sanitation. A frequent occurance was babies with high temperatures and dehydration. I soon became the "baby helper." Not sure how I got designated as that but I loved it. Whenever there would be a sick baby I would hear "Christina we got another one." So I would prance over, pick up the child, rehydrate them and pray a miracle in their life. Who wouldn't like this job?

We saw a couple of the babies who had lost their mothers in the earthquake. One was about 8 lbs and 6 months old! The babies father was trying his best to take care of him but he just wasn't able to do it on his own. He was only 15 days old when his mother died...just breaks my heart! At first he wasn't able to even suck on a bottle and was vomiting everything up. I started praying for him and he soon started taking the formula...praise God!! When he came back the next day he was like a brand new baby, still little but hydrated and full of life. Please pray for these little ones. Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14.

2 comments:

  1. I forgot to mention that today marks the 6 month anniversary of the earthquake. Please keep Haiti in your prayers and pray for restoration for this nation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that is really cool! i didnt know you where helping with baby's that is really awsome!! :) Courtney

    ReplyDelete